Well, I'm tempted to say because we're the original and the best! And do you know what? We really are! Here's a short video clip explaining why I think the Humanist Society Scotland is the best possible choice you can make for your big day:
And here are a few more reasons to choose a Celebrant from the Humanist Society Scotland:
- The HSS have many years of experience and were the first to be authorised (way back in 2005) to conduct legal weddings by the Registrar General for Scotland. We are by far the longest standing and most popular provider of humanist wedding ceremonies in Scotland.
- On Valentine's Day 2017, we were also very proud to become the first ever non-religious organisation to be awarded prescribed status in law by the Scottish parliament. This is recognition of the fact that we are a trusted provider of humanist ceremonies in Scotland and in practice this means that we now have the authority to authorise our own Celebrants to solemnise marriage (and to register civil partnerships). We are the only Humanist organisation in Scotland in this position and it removes any uncertainty because our Celebrants no longer have to apply for the authority to conduct legal marriages on an annual or three yearly basis.
- We have an extensive network of Celebrants throughout Scotland (over 100 and counting!) and this means that in an emergency, we can find you a replacement Celebrant (at no extra cost to you). This is part of what we call The HSS Promise.
- We have a dedicated team of head office staff who can respond quickly to any queries.
- All HSS Celebrants have to complete an intensive programme of training and mentoring before they are authorised to conduct ceremonies.
- Our Celebrants also work to a set of standards to ensure consistency and professionalism.
- We are all covered by Public Liability Insurance.
- And perhaps best of all, the HSS is a Registered Scottish Charity and we campaign in various ways for a fairer society. This distinguishes us from many other commercial providers of wedding services. Part of the fee from every ceremony goes to support our charity work.
To return to the full page of posts, click on 'home' below: